Business Development Manager – Australia
Hi. We’re Glow. We help businesses make better decisions by giving them access to consumer insights. We are a research technology company (‘restech’) based in Melbourne, Australia.
Businesses are faced with commercially important decisions all the time, often without reliable data to guide their choices. Undertaking research to inform these decisions used to be slow, cumbersome and expensive.
Glow is changing that, one opinion at a time. Our mission is to democratise access to insights by making consumer research faster, more transparent and more accessible. We want businesses to be more informed, so they can make better decisions that fuel their growth and support their customers, stakeholders and the broader community.
How do we help?
We deliver fast, affordable and robust consumer research through our sophisticated online research platform which is powered by panel data and supported by research experts.
Our unique approach enables us to access the opinions of over 100M people all over the world to help our business partners grow.
The Glow team is made up of a diverse group of people from multiple backgrounds. We value curiosity, collaboration, honesty, positivity and integrity. We go the extra mile so our clients don’t have to.
Glow is a proud participant in the Data For Good movement, a group of people, businesses and governments that are using data to drive programs of action to build a better world.
We appreciate and celebrate constant learning, that’s why we provide time and support for personal development as part of our package.
Perks include flexible remote working structures, a ‘rewards program’ of discounts and offers, and the opportunity to work in a business that’s investing in making a real impact on the world.
We believe in diversity. We know diverse thinking leads to better decisions. Diverse opinions are the backbone for our business model, so we put talent first, and we back our people to excel in everything they do.
We are a distributed team who work partially remotely. Our team are located in Melbourne, Sydney, London, Hong Kong and Manila and service clients all around the world. Our Australian team connect out of hubs at The Commons in Sydney and Melbourne and we are planning to launch into the US market.
So if you want to be part of a service led, technology powered business that is shaking up restech and expanding globally, read on.
The Business Development Manager reports to the VP Business Development, APAC. The role is a part of the Sales team and is responsible for management, oversight and success of business development and support outreach programs, including activities that lead to increased public awareness, public relations, communications and business development.
What you’ll do
The Business Development Manager works with the VP Business Development, APAC the Managing Director and the Sales and Operations team to strategise, plan, and implement effective tactical initiatives to support the growth of Glow including:
- Build and maintain relationship with clients and internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a strong, consistent sales pipeline in line with the company’s aggressive growth targets
- Develop and acquire new business opportunities; lead and direct efforts to increase the organisation’s visibility and brand recognition
- Generate leads and create new techniques to reach the target audience
- Advise clients of new products and systems
- Serve as a member of the senior Sales and Operations team, contributing to high level decision making, assisting with implementation and organisation-wide strategic planning and team activities
- Manage client and prospect relations, including contact mapping and main point of contact
Who you are:
- Min 5 years experience in a media sales role with a data driven angle to it such as for a digital publisher or AdTech business.
- Strong network within media and advertising agencies at Director level and above.
- Collaborative, curious, optimistic outlook and a passion to succeed
- You have a consistently excellent track record of new business development against key sales targets
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Competitive salary plus superannuation and benefits package
- Bonus structure, tied to KPIs
- Flexible working arrangements (including remote working)
How to Apply
If this sounds like you then email your CV directly to Oscar, our VP of Business Development at Oscar@glowfeed.com
- Include the role title in your subject line
- Tell us a little about yourself – your personal passions and interests and provide us a visual example of something that showcases your most notable sales success
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com