An exciting new sales role has been established in global research and insights technology company, Glow, to meet demand for the nurture and conversion of contracts for their new, impactful data product, Social Responsibility Score (SRS), in the US market.
This role will initially be responsible for establishing the Social Responsibility Score (SRS) as a commercial success in the US. Glow has laid the foundations for successful growth by signing promotion partnership agreements with businesses including NielsenIQ US to create and develop new value through its SRS suite in the US. These partners will promote SRS to the market in parallel with targeted account-based outreach; our team will nurture the resulting leads and opportunities to convert sales and contracts to deliver Glow’s services.
Initially this role will operate on a remote basis while Glow secures additional resources at all levels to build out the business in order to achieve its commercial and impact potential in the US market. Prioritised support will be provided from key leaders across the business, including the CEO, CMO, MD for Data Products, Global SRS Sales Leader and local Partner(s) to develop local awareness of the product (and wider Glow business), build, maintain and grow a local pipeline, nurture inbound leads developed through PR and marketing activities, and convert sales opportunities into services contracts for SRS. The role will also receive regular check-ins and support from an experienced Glow board advisor based in NYC, US.
This role will initially report to the MD for Data Products (AU) with support from the Global SRS Sales driver (HK). Within 3-6 months a President of Glow US will be recruited to take on leadership responsibilities for the US growth agenda, at which point this role’s reporting lines will transition.
The implementation of a structured sales process to ensure appropriate prioritisation of clients, faster sales closer and accurate sales forecasting will be key to the success of this role. Leading candidates will be able to evidence a proven track record of success in building pipelines, influencing a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders, closing contracts and demonstrating the relationship-building skills needed to drive sustainable growth.
This role will be responsible for planning and executing the following activities:
- Evaluate local market sizes and opportunities to develop a sustainable revenue pipeline for the SRS business within the US
- Support the successful launch of Glow’s SRS product in the US
- Establish and maintain a robust sales process, with strong attention on data gathering from every touchpoint in the sales funnel
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with potential and subscribing customers
- Evolve and execute global sales & marketing strategies to suit the US market in collaboration with the Glow sales, product & marketing teams
- Identify potential local partner channels to accelerate distribution of the product and support the establishment of any such partnerships
- Support the recruitment process for other US sales roles to support SRS
- Support budgeting and forecasting for SRS in the US market
- Lead the customer targeting and engagement strategies to capture feedback and development opportunities
- Be the SME for SRS within the US market
- Work with the MD for Data Products on opportunities for further data products and help prioritise options with for the local market
- Other tasks as deemed essential to delivering the strategic goals
Candidates for this role will have 8+ years in data/tech sales roles within the US market.
Preferably you will be able to demonstrate and evidence your ability to:
- Develop, grow and convert sales opportunities for digital / technology products and services, including the execution of a structured sales process
- Create and manage sustainable pipelines and meet sales targets
- Accurately budget / forecast and provide appropriate management information
- Build strong relationships with customers and commercial stakeholders
- Operate collaboratively and remotely
- Present information with impact to deliver outcomes
You will also be able to demonstrate and evidence some of:
- Experience/ knowledge of the market research / data landscape
- Presenting at events and/or conferences
- Commercialising research / data products
- Building sales of a new product offering in market
- Understanding / experience with market research or other consumer data sets (i.e. panels, loyalty etc)
- Knowledge of the FMCG/CPG landscape will be advantageous
- Experience in working on diverse, global teams across multiple time zones
Accompanying your ability to deliver on the responsibilities above, the ideal candidate for this role will be able to show they are:
- Well-networked and possess a strong ability to target, establish and develop long term relationships in a variety of industries
- Passionate about the importance of sustainable business and active in educating themselves in new technologies, breakthroughs and the evolution of the ESG landscape
- Obsessed with the customer and their needs
- Forward-thinking with an iterative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Someone who can demonstrate how they use of data to make informed decisions
- Willing and able to bring others on the journey as they plan and execute growth plans
- Biased to action
- Able to manage stress in environments where levels of change and uncertainty can be high (logical, calm, considered, balanced)
- Self-motivated with an ability to effectively work autonomously
- Able to collaborate across a variety of stakeholders
- An experienced and impactful presenter for events and conferences
- Able to present with impact while also able to articulate information clearly, concisely and with excellent written skills
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, quickly-evolving scale environment
If you want to play a critical role as a trailblazing first sales employee in a new growth market, laying important foundations for scale and growth for an impactful data tech company then we’d love to hear from you!
Glow was founded in 2013 in Australia by an ex PwC insights director to democratise access to consumer insights so that businesses can direct their resources to more effectively meet the needs of an empowered consumer base. Operating in the fast-growing consumer research and insights technology industry (‘restech’), Glow has established a point of difference in market by investing in the ‘data for good’ space, developing an important suite of tools and data products to support decision making in the growing ESG (environment, social and governance) insights domain.
A recent, proven addition to the product portfolio is the Social Responsibility Score (SRS) suite of products. Over 18 months Glow has been researching and developing this important new toolkit for businesses wanting to navigate consumer expectations in the critically important ESG space. The new SRS product suite delivers critical market sentiment information to senior stakeholders in consumer brands and their supporting agencies / advisory partners as they navigate expectations, investments, programs and decisions.
This new and important expansion area for Glow builds upon its core technology which allows its customers to execute end-to-end consumer research through its panel partners and suppliers, giving access to over 100m consumers for an instant read on the market. Glow allows businesses to analyse, export, share and publish their data to maximise its impact.
Glow currently employs around 30 people across 5 countries around the world and encourages a flexible remote working culture. Its team comprises a range of diverse, brilliant humans with the experience, energy and vision to change the way insights are used to make an impact. Global demand for our technology and services means we need to expand, once again – this time into the US market.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Direct applicants only, no agents please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.