Nutritional Claims & Lifestyle 2017
The emerging trends of health conscious shoppers requires manufacturers to maintain clarity around what exactly ‘healthy’ means and how shoppers perceive a product to be ‘healthy’. Previous research has demonstrated that a nutritional claim on a product can drive up the likelihood of purchase, versus a similar product with no claim. The consumer laws have restricted what can or cannot be said about a product, and the nutritional panel must follow a certain format.
However, not all shoppers view nutritional panel content therefore it is possible the encouraged perception of the product is the major driver. If that is the case, then which shoppers are conscious of which nutritional health considerations and how do they behave when considering different products? This project will seek to explore the different shopper profiles and their overall perception and sentiment towards varying nutritional claims.
Who is it for?
- FMCG Retailers and manufacturers of health food products
- Retailer category buyers for health food products
- Health bloggers or journalists
What does it cover?
- 30-38 survey questions
- 1000 respondents
- Overview of shopper and consumer sentiment of their category, helpful for NPD opportunities, and other growth opportunities
- The emerging trends of health conscious shoppers requires manufacturers to maintain clarity around what exactly ‘healthy’ means and how shoppers perceive a product to be ‘healthy’.
- What nutritional claims do shoppers care about and look for?
- What motivates shoppers to consider nutritional quality when shopping?
- Consumers lifestyle and habits and profile
- Report and insights (PDF)
- Interactive access to response data
- 12 months access to Glow platform