Welcome to the November 2021 data release. This month we tracked attitudes to 33 social and environmental issues to see how Australians are feeling about the issues we face as a society and dug into a handful of issues more deeply to interrogate current consumer attitudes and behaviour and consumers expectations of businesses in addressing these issues.
The report and data release covers:
- Issue tracker – identifying the issues Australians are most concerned about right now.
- Expectations of Industry – which issues consumers expect specific industries to address.
- Climate Change – people’s beliefs about our ability to meet 2050 emissions goals post-COP26.
- Investing for the future – willingness to choose ethical investing over better returns.
- Housing Unaffordability – with one in ten Australians believing housing is affordable.
You can access the latest report (and all the old ones) here.
We hope that the data sparks intrigue, creates conversation and give you ideas for moving your own business forward.
If you’d like to submit your own questions into the program, simply sign up to be a supporter and send your question requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support,
The Catalyst Team
The most pressing issues this month:
For the first time, Covid-19’s dominance has waned with the pandemic falling to third most prominent concern behind climate change and the cost of living.
Examples of Catalyst media coverage
HOW MUCH ARE WE BEING INFLUENCED BY MISINFORMATION? HERE'S WHAT AUSTRALIANS TOLD US, AND WHAT THEY WANT
As the pressure builds on Facebook, there are massive challenges around misinformation for all news media providers and platforms – and Australians want them to fix it, fast. The question is, how?..
The use of cash was frowned upon during the pandemic but more than one-third of Australian shoppers intend to use cash to pay for Christmas presents this year.
Access the data.
Thanks to our Catalyst Partners:
These businesses are helping to fund and promote this program, so that more people are aware of and acting to address these issues.
Sign up to the Catalyst newsletter.
Social & environmental insights in your inbox. Every month.