Catalyst Community – Terms.
This page sets out the basis for participation as a member (“Community Member”) of the Catalyst research program. Catalyst is managed by Engagement Innovation Pty Ltd (“Glow”), a global research and technology company based in Melbourne, Australia.
Catalyst is a research-based insight program, fuelled in part by the questions, collaboration and networks of its community members. As a community, we seek to stimulate understanding, insight and conversation about the ways people, companies and government can make positive change to support a better, healthier, more inclusive world.
As a community member you acknowledge your responsibility to do this.
How we play.
- We acknowledge that no business or human is perfect, and we all live in glass houses. We don’t throw stones at each other.
- We respect that every business is at different stages in developing and deploying its own CSR or ESG strategies. There are no winners or losers, we’re all just on a journey.
- We agree to treat everyone in the community with respect – we are in this together, and we need each other to make more of an impact.
- We believe that any and every effort to create positive change is better than none.
- We agree to use this data for good, not for greenwashing. This is not a PR exercise.
Community member tiers.
- Everyone who joins the program as an individual or a company joins in our free community membership tier. As such, you’ll be referred to as our supporters (“Supporters”).
- Supporters that want to make commitments to help fund the program can apply to do so on a paid basis (“Partners”). Please contact us (email@example.com) if you’d like to find out about becoming a partner.
A commitment to impact.
- In essence, Catalyst is operating as a ‘non-profit’ program inside the Glow business. The more partners who contribute to the program, the more research we’re able to fund, expand and make an impact with the program.
- The funds generated by partners will be used only to increase Glow’s allocation of its internal and external resources to the Catalyst program.
- Permitted use of these funds includes the development of research, performing interviews, marketing the program (and its outputs) and partnership development and management.
GLOW commits to:
Capturing and sharing real opinions every month – a nationally representative sample of at least 1,000 adults having their say about topics that matter.
A level playing field
All community members will be notified of published findings and content at the same time each month. Partners may receive access to data and news through early releases if/as applicable.
The community will be invited to submit questions to support the development of new insights around the issues in scope of Catalyst, or other environmental or social areas of concern. Glow will review these questions and, where selected, compile them into the research in each cycle. Glow may not be able to include questions that have been submitted due to survey length constraints but commits to including community questions in every market in which Catalyst operates for each each fieldwork and interview cycle. Supporter questions will be assessed based on a number of factors including uniqueness (non-duplication) and potential contribution to the issue at hand.
Partners are invited to actively contribute questions on behalf of their employees, members and networks. Partners are guaranteed an allocation of questions as part of their membership, and are provided access to the data relating to their own questions for online and offline analysis immediately it’s been captured and published on the Glow platform. Partner questions are added to the community data set (published data), and partners are invited to share the data from their research questions with the community to enhance knowledge, outcomes and innovations in their industries.
Regular content releases
Glow will publish and share bite-sized content on a regular basis. Supporters will receive access to public content (as defined by the Catalyst program team), Partners will receive access to the full data setin the same release cycle for all questions that are published in each cycle for the market in scope of their partnership.
Catalyst will publish and promote regular reports detailing the findings, actions and initiatives relating to issues and industries. Community members addressing challenges with action may be highlighted in these reports – you will be contacted in advance where we plan to feature the progress you (or your industry) has been making.
Community members are invited to:
Share Catalyst Content
We’re nothing without our community! You’ll be invited and encouraged to follow and share Catalyst content through the various media that support this program. We will email you a list of ways you can get involved once you’ve registered as a Member through our online form here.
By joining the Catalyst community you agree that we may add you to the Catalyst newsletter(s) through which we will communicate program news, insights and progress to the Community (you can unsubscribe at any time).
Help us promote Catalyst
To build Catalyst’s impact we encourage you to share our mission with others you know. To talk to us about how you can help us grow our collective impact, please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Glow’s technology
Both of us agree to:
- Glow may (but is not required to) reference you (or your business) as a ‘Community Member’, ‘Supporter’ or ‘Partner’ of the Catalyst program in communications about the program or in related marketing material
- Partner logos will be featured on the Catalyst website. Partners agree to:
- Provide an up to date logo and company name at the time of joining as a Partner
- Promptly inform the Catalyst team of any changes to your logo or brand relating to our website(s), channels and media. We will endeavour to refresh your logo on our website(s) and content on a best efforts basis.
- You may reference Catalyst and its content on your website, social media and other marketing communications and content. When you do so, you agree to use the Catalyst logo and/or mark supplied to you when you join.
- We may add each other’s brand to our website(s) and use them in digital communications directly related to the data produced by this program.
- We may not associate each other’s brands with brand-related opinions or insights without express permission to do so.
Leaving the program
- You can leave the program at any time if you wish to. Simply click ‘unsubscribe’ on your email communications and you will be automatically removed from further communications. For Partners wishing to withdraw your membership, please email us at email@example.com and we will arrange for you to be removed from our various systems. Catalyst accepts no responsibility for editing or removing published content that has been produced and approved before the date on which you provided notice that you wished to leave the program.
- No Refunds. Catalyst partnership is priced to maintain simplicity and efficiency for our operations teams. Given this, by default we don’t provide refunds, though on rare occasion at our absolute discretion we may consider them. If at any time you think we can improve, or have feedback or concerns about the program please contact us and we’ll meet you to discuss them.
- We may unregister you from the program if you:
- Are in clear and deliberate breach of these terms
- Cause deliberate reputational damage to the brand of Glow, Catalyst or other program members
- In the event of you leaving the program, we both agree to remove each other’s brands from any marketing collateral such as website(s) and digital assets as soon as is feasibly possible, or within one week (whichever is sooner).
- Leaving the program is not a crime. We won’t announce it or communicate it to the community.
Partners – Additional Terms:
The default duration (“Term”) of Partner Membership is 12 months – unless agreed in writing separately from these terms. The start date for the first Term (“Initial Term”) is marked by the date on the Partner Membership invoice you receive.
Partners – Pricing and Renewals
You can apply to join the Partner tier of the Catalyst Community by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org through which we’ll arrange to introduce you to the program, gather information and assess your application. Should we have capacity to add you as a Partner, and if you agree to these Terms, you’ll be added as a Partner once you accept the quote we will send to you. Partner pricing varies based on time of year, question allocations, service levels, mutual commitments and other factors.
Partner memberships will automatically roll (“Rollover”) to a new 12 month term at the end of each term unless we have received a written request from an authorised representative to terminate your Partner status at least 30 days before the end of any Term.
The Terms set out here constitute the whole agreement between Glow and Catalyst Members relating the Catalyst Program and its associated operations. Any separate commercial agreements you enter into with Glow or its associated entities in related or unrelated projects, programs or studies will be governed by separate terms and agreement(s).
Acting in good faith.
Members agree to cooperate in good faith to help us achieve the objectives of this program. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com