September data release.
- Responses from industry-leading online research panels via the Glow platform.
- 1,244 interviews with a representative sample of Australians aged 18+
- Fieldwork was conducted w/c September 13 2021.
- Responses reviewed by a human for quality & consistency.
Welcome to the September 2021 data release. This month we tracked attitudes to 33 social and environmental issues to see how Australians are feeling about the issues we face as a society and dug into a handful of issues more deeply to interrogate current consumer attitudes and behaviour and consumers expectations of businesses in addressing these issues.
The report and data release covers:
- Issue tracker – identifying the issues Australians are most concerned about right now.
- Expectations of Industry – which issues consumers expect specific industries to address.
- Vaccinations & access to public spaces – how we feel about vaccination as a condition of entry into public spaces.
- Travel aspirations – where we want to go when we can!
- Ethical sourcing – the influence of ethical sourcing on our day to day purchase and longer term investment behaviour.
- Views on misinformation – the extent of the problem and what to do about it.
We’ll also be releasing guest analysis from Carolyn Childs, the CEO of MyTravelResearch.com, outlining her views on our travel aspirations.
You can access the latest report (and all the old ones) here.
We hope that the data sparks intrigue, creates conversation and give you ideas for moving your own business forward.
If you’d like to submit your own questions into the program, simply sign up to be a supporter and send your question requests to email@example.com.
Thank you for your support,
The Catalyst Team
P.S. If you are a consumer brand marketer or retailer you might be interested in our FMCG category deep dive report which you can find here.
The most pressing issues this month:
Covid-19 remains top of mind.
Despite the release of recovery ‘roadmaps to recovery’ the data highlights that COVID-19 remains our single greatest concern. The cost of living and mental health are unwavering as the next most important issues, while climate change is becoming more prominent again on the back of recent media coverage and in the lead up to the UN Climate Conference.
Examples of Catalyst media coverage
Last month, Director of events company Silver Lining Strategy, Stu Speirs, investigated how Australians were feeling in regards to their community – and how they felt about their personal connection to that community.
Access the data.
Thanks to our Catalyst Partners:
These businesses are helping to fund and promote this program, so that more people are aware of and acting to address these issues.
Sign up to the Catalyst newsletter.
Social & environmental insights in your inbox. Every month.